Washington Higher Education Technology Consortium
A new collaborative technology consortium is established to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of technology across higher education to benefit the citizens of Washington State. The Washington Higher Education Technology Consortium (WHETC) will partner with the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC). Proposals and recommendations developed by the Consortium shall be reviewed and assessed by the ICAO. The ICAO will serve as the consensus point for the purposes of achieving a Council of Presidents’ position.
The WHETC will consist of the Chief Information and Technology Officers or President designee of each of the following institutions and the SBCTC:
- Central Washington University
- Council of Presidents
- Eastern Washington University
- Evergreen State College
- State Board of Technical and Community Colleges
- University of Washington
- Washington State University
- Western Washington University
To achieve the above mission, the WHETC has developed the following Guiding Principles:
- Find common ground while respecting the unique missions of each of the consortium members
- Be guided by quality
- Focus on customer/stakeholder service
- Build and maintain a solid technology infrastructure for higher education
- Provide responsible stewardship of public resources
- Support seamless and accessible technology-enhanced education for Washington learners
- Assure security and privacy
- Manage all discussions and initiatives in a collaborative manner
- Ensure communication among all parties is seamless
The goals of WHETC are:
- Develop practices and relationships that effectively utilize statewide, institutional and agency resources.
- Lead the collaboration and coordination of technology use across the State's public higher education institutions.
- Identify, develop, and deliver high-quality technology solutions for Washington’s learners, staff and faculty.
Top of Page