2012 Legislative Session
2012 Legislative Session convened January 9, 2012
- COP Bill Tracker
- Weekly Session Hearing Calendar
- Session Cut-off Calendar
- State Capital Capital Campus
- Bill Definition
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
- House of Representatives
- Legislative Agencies
- Laws & Agency Rules
Council of Presidents is a voluntary Washington State association comprising of the Presidents for the six public baccalaureate degree granting college and universities. Council of Presidents provides a forum for the Presidents and other institutional groups to meet and share common interests about higher education in Washington. We foster coordination and collaboration among the public baccalaureate institutions as well as with other partners in the boarder education community.
The Chair of The Council of Presidentsrotates annually among the member institutions.
2012 Chair of the Council of Presidents
- Michael Young, University of Washington (2012 Chair)
- Jim Gaudino, Central Washington University
- Rodolfo Arévalo, Eastern Washington University
- T. Les Purce, The Evergreen State College
- Elson Floyd, Washington State University
- Bruce Shepard, Western Washington University
The Council of Presidents staff is responsible for coordinating interinstitutional matters with appropriate state agencies and for providing staff coordination with the array of interinstitutional committees established under Council of Presidents. Council of Presidents maintains a small office in Olympia, Washington.
Current COP staff:
- Michael Reilly, Executive Director
- Paul Francis, Associate Director
- Laurel le Noble, Policy Associate
- Anne Rowe, Administrative Assistant
In The News
JUST FIX IT | Losing kids on the path to prosperityWashington state's educational system is imperiled by the Legislature's failure to prioritize learning from cradle to college. Skimping on the prekindergarten budget, cutting the K-12 system without reforming it and draining funding from higher education are shortsighted budget decisions that threaten our economic future.
Originally published January 29, 2012 at 7:51 AM | Page modified January 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM