Washington State Legislature
Today in the Legislature The Olympian
- COP Bill Tracker
- Weekly Hearing Calendar
- Session Cut-off Calendar
- State Capitol Campus
- Bill Definition
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
- Guide to Lawmaking
- House of Representatives
- Budget Links
- Bills Passed the Legislature
- Washington Votes.org
- Legislative Agencies
- Laws & Agency Rules
About the Council
The Council of Presidents (COP) is a voluntary Washington state association comprised of the Presidents of the six public baccalaureate degree granting college and universities. COP provides a forum for the Presidents and other institutional leaders to share common interests about higher education in Washington. We foster coordination and collaboration among the public baccalaureate institutions as well as with other educational partners, both in Washington and nationally.
The COP chair rotates annually among the member institutions every July 1. Below are the current members of The Council of Presidents.
- Jim Gaudino, Central Washington University (Future Chair effective July 1, 2013)
- Rodolfo Arévalo, Eastern Washington University
- T. Les Purce, The Evergreen State College
- Michael Young, University of Washington
- Elson Floyd, Washington State University
- Bruce Shepard, Western Washington University (Current Chair)
- Gov. Inslee cancels trip as state agencies prepare for possible shutdown On Wednesday afternoon, Inslee met with cabinet members to discuss what might happen if the Legislature does not pass a budget by July 1. Without a budget in place, some state government operations would have to be shut down.
June 13, 2013 | The Capitol Record, TVW.org
- COP Employment Opportunity Secretary Senior: Job posted 6/3/2013. Closes 6/17/2013.
June 3, 2013 | COP